By clicking “Accept All Cookies”, you agree to the storing of cookies on your device to enhance site navigation, analyze site usage, and assist in our marketing efforts. View our Privacy Policy for more information.

Asian Energy Impact Trust plc

Asian Energy Impact Trust (AEIT), formerly known as ThomasLloyd Energy Impact Trust, is the UK's first investment company on the London Stock Exchange dedicated to providing direct access to sustainable energy infrastructure assets in the fast-growing economies of Asia.

Share price (as at 25 April 2023)
Please note that shares are currently suspended from trading.

US$1.05 / 84.50p

NAV per Ordinary Share

100.8 US$ cents

As at 30 September 2022

Dividends declared

0.44 US$ cents per share

In respect of the period from 1January 2023 to 31 March 2023.

About us

Asian Energy Impact Trust Plc was admitted to trading on the premium segment of the London Stock Exchange on the 14th of December 2021, raising gross cash proceeds of US$115.4 million. In November 2022, AEIT successfully raised US$35.3 million of additional capital from both existing and new investors.

AEIT completed its first acquisitions of a 40% interest in Negros Island Solar Power Inc. ("NISPI") with solar assets in the Philippines in December 2021 and a 43% interest in SolarArise with solar assets in India in August 2022. The remaining 57% interest in SolarArise was acquired in January 2023. In April 2023, AEIT acquired two rooftop solar projects in Vietnam.

Today, the Company is present in 3 countries in Asia and owns 12 solar assets with a total generating capacity of 520MW, of which 200MW are in construction.

Why Asia?

Carbon emissions in Asia are now greater than in Europe and North America combined. Population growth, economic growth and urbanisation are collectively causing a rapid increase in the demand for energy. Investing in renewable energy in Asia is therefore vital on the journey towards a Net-Zero world.

Governments throughout Asia are committed to aspirational renewable energy targets but there is an urgent need for more capital. Across our target markets there is an estimated c. US$1 trillion funding shortfall for infrastructure investment. Private capital must play a critical role inclosing this funding gap.

AEIT is the first impact-focused company on the London Stock Exchange to be dedicated to investing in sustainable energy infrastructure projects that can help alleviate Asia’s expanding climate change issues.

Latest snapshot - Please note the shares are currently suspended

AEIT

Share price

US$1.05 / 84.50p

Market cap

US$183.6M

NAV per Ordinary Share

100.8 US$ cents

Premium/Discount

4.2%

AEIP

Quicklinks

US$1.05 / 84.50p

Dividends declared

0.44 US$ cents per share

In respect of the period from 1January 2023 to 31 March 2023.

NAV per share as at 30 September 2022.

Past performance is not a guide to the future. The price of investments and the income from them may fall as well as rise and investors may not get back the full amount invested.

The journey so far

Latest news